We are currently looking for an experienced designer to take ownership of the Product Design practice and help power the next stage of our products’ growth. In this role, you’ll work with product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to shape how the product evolves to meet the needs of our customers and their end users.
The position is based in Helsinki (Finland). We are seeking to find the right talent for the job, and the location might be negotiable.
You will be a lead designer and a key member of the New Product Development team at CUJO AI, working closely with product and technology management, development teams and other cross functional team members to research, define, design, prototype and refine concepts into rich and interactive user experiences, for CUJO AI’s customer facing products.
You have a stunning visual and user interface design sense, paired with a mature understanding for user-centered design principles. You are a pixel counter with relentless attention to details, consistency, typography and color use. Along with an eye for aesthetics, you are also able to understand and reduce complex multi-faceted problems and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. You enjoy learning and participating in the entire product development process from research, experimentation, design and revision to refinement.
Your product discovery and design process is deeply rooted in user-centric design principles with empathy for user needs and creatively solving problems to improve the user’s experience. Your product designs are driven by business objectives plus data analytics, paired with insights extracted from user observation and understanding. You’re a self-starter capable of working independently and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. Enthusiasm for an iterative design process and comfortable with critique from colleagues and stakeholders. You enjoy leading and facilitating creative brainstorms with a cross-functional product team, with an ability to articulate design ideas, concepts and decisions to developers and executives alike, through excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
Research Analysis and Synthesis:
- Work closely with Product Management to participate in customer and end-user research/synthesis to help identify needs, rapidly build prototypes, test and iterate, through the user research phase to define best solutions
- Lead usability test and validation sessions with end-users and focus groups
- Work closely with Product Management team to translate research insights into UX and UI solutions that meet business needs
- Work closely with Marketing and Brand teams to define consistent iconography, brand and design language across products and marketing material
- Creating experience prototypes and user scenarios that demonstrate great brand experience.
- Use appropriate skills (sketching, prototyping and specification) to define and communicate interaction concepts
- Design and create information architecture, application flows and application screen wireframes
- Rapid paper prototype generation to demonstrate user and application flows
- Define, design and apply interface and interaction principles and frameworks
- Generate UI concepts through rapid sketches and lead group brainstorms and design reviews
- Generate low and high fidelity visual prototypes to demonstrate UI solution concepts
- Participate in product feature and capability ideation and definition process with Product and Technology Management
- Present design work to the broader cross-functional teams as well as CUJO leadership for review and feedback
- Stay up to date with industry changes and competitive landscape
Your Education and Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Arts, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar portfolio.
- A professional digital portfolio showcasing a strong aesthetic and visual sensitivity through past user experience and visual design work for both desktop and touch interface devices
- 7+ years work experience crafting user interface design in web, mobile-web, iOS and Android apps
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, wireframes and paper prototypes
- Highly fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote and other design popular creative tools
- Experience in designing iOS/Android app experiences from start to finish as a visual and UI designer
Nice to Have:
- Experience of Internet Security or Telecom domains
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org