As the Head of DevOps, you are overall responsible for technical delivery and SLA of CUJO AI cloud production environments. You own our organization’s toughest technical problems and drives technical excellence at all levels, working with senior management to support execution of the organization’s vision.
The Head of DevOps is a person who cares deeply about the technical side of operations and making sure that everything is running smoothly on our platforms. The ideal candidate understands technology deeply at both the server level and at the development level, understands where the gaps often are between these two, and is excited about filling those gaps and taking proactive steps.
This person is deeply familiar with a variety of technologies AWS, Google Cloud, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Spark, Linux, Networking, Kafka, cloud orchestration, monitoring and ITSM solutions. Can set up, configure, and use these tools to identify potential gaps and stop them from ever becoming an issue.
- Lead a global team of DevOps engineers working in 24/7 manner located on multiple continents;
- Planning and implementation of customer tenant deployments, configuration management, updates, and upgrades;
- Overall cloud platform uptime, response time and data retention SLA, including monitoring and reporting;
- Overall responsible for cloud platforms customer acceptance testing and validation;
- Capacity planning and management of the production environments;
- 24/7 service operations support including incident, event and problem management;
- Customer change request fulfillment process execution;
- Overall responsible for cloud platform HA, RTO, RPO and DR planning, implementation and reporting;
- Implementation of standard operating procedures and technical capabilities according to SOC2 and ISO27001/18;
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures.
Be a trusted advisor for cloud and on-premise initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice while also building organizational partnerships and networks to ensure comprehensive cloud capabilities are developed with input from appropriate business and IT resources.
This is the role for you if you are an excellent communicator, able to eliminate jargon when necessary, yet able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff. You take complete ownership of the technical implementation of projects and ensure that no stone is left unturned to avoid risks. You take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application uptime and positive user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent customer experiences.
- 5-7+ years of DevOps management or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools;
- The proven track record on hold high SLA in past production responsibilities;
- Battle tested and evidence ability to cope with pressure and stay focused on crisis situation by quickly identifying and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints;
- Prefer experience architecting and building multi-tenant IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions the with Amazon AWS or Google Cloud platforms;
- Strong experience setting project vision/scope, building cross-site the teams to deliver, and overseeing delivery;
- Experience with continuous integration concepts and tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, and others;
- Has strong preference to automate cloud production by deploying infrastructure as code and automated ITSM system resolution;
- Familiar with a variety of technologies AWS, Google Cloud, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Spark, Elastic Stack, Linux, Networking, and Kafka;
- Understands Agile/SCRUM or Kanban methodologies and have applied them in practice;
- Experience in setting up service management according to ITIL standard and automate them using ITSM tools;
- Knowledge of Risk Controls framework, and Audit procedures (27000/1/2, NIST 800-53/171, SOC2, DFARS, etc.).
- Trips to our other offices and clients’ sites
- Interesting and diverse challenges within a leading AI security company
- Ability to work flexible hours and remotely
- Comfortable office and modern equipment
- A strong focus on professional development
- Sponsored participation in conferences
- Competitive salary
- Other benefits (lunches, snacks, events, social initiatives, team-building activities and more)